HOW TO ADD YOURSELF TO THE MEMBER MAP

How do I register? How do I post? Can I sell my stuff here? I want to get in on the fun . . .

Moderators: Kel, Traveller

HOW TO ADD YOURSELF TO THE MEMBER MAP

Postby Kel » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:04 pm

1. The Member Map is located on The Swap's Home page.

2. You can click and drag it to see different areas of the country . . . or world!

3. To add yourself, click on "View Homeschooler's Curriculum Swap Members in a larger map", located beneath the map.

4. Sign in to your Google account. If you don't have one, you can quickly register for one WITHOUT HAVING TO SIGN UP FOR A GOOGLE/GMAIL EMAIL ADDRESS. Just put your existing email address in the registration information. Now, you can sign in to Google with your existing (non-Google/Gmail) account.

5. After you have signed in, you will see a little "Edit" button appear in the white area on the left side of your screen. Click it.

6. Scroll around or zoom in and out of the map until you find your approximate location.

7. You will see some icons at the left of the map. Click on the one that looks like a little hot air balloon.

8. Drag the hot air balloon to your location on the map. Below the balloon, you'll see a crosspiece (X). The midpoint of the X should be on your location. Once you have the crosspiece where you want it, click to drop the balloon. You can click and drag again if you didn't get it quite right.

9. When you have dropped the balloon, a box will pop up. Click the balloon icon at its upper, right corner and choose an icon to represent yourself (or leave the balloon).

10. Type your user name (or real name) as the title. Type whatever you want (within reason) in the Description box.

11. Click OK.

12. If you later want to remove yourself from the map, just sign in with your Google account, click on your icon, and choose Delete.

13. You can hover over other people's icons to see who they are and what they've written. Caution: Certain aspects of this map can be changed by anyone, so avoid clicking on other members' icons and limit your edits to your own information, please. We are TRYING this. It has been successful on other sites, but if passersby start abusing it, we'll take the map down.

Sell your used homeschool curriculum at the ORIGINAL Homeschooler's Curriculum Swap.
Kel

Re: HOW TO ADD YOURSELF TO THE MEMBER MAP

Postby MaryEllen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:11 am

you click "save" before you exit the page.
MaryEllen

Return to Technical Assistance