1 lb ground beef
1 to 1 1/2 c flour
1 1/3c beef broth (1 can)
3T chili powder
2t dried minced onion
1/4t garlic powder
1. Brown meat in large sauce pot, remove meat from pot but leave the drippings. You need 1/2 c of fat. (Add vegetable oil if there is not enough.)
2. Make a dark roux with with the fat and 1 c of flour.
3. Add beef broth to roux to make thick gravy, stir.
4. Add remaining ingredients to the gravy, whisk until blended.
5. Return the meat to the saucepot.
6. Turn the heat to medium/high. Stir often until bubbles form on the surface. Turn heat down to medium/low, simmer 15-20 minutes.
Serve over hamburgers, hotdogs, tamales, burritos, nachos, potatoes, french fries. Any or all of the above.
Virtual Sefer Copyright © 1998, 1999 Brent Sims. All Rights Reserved.